Sheltered Reality drumline will be performing at Otterbein United Methodist Church on Thursday, May 17 at 6:30pm. All Benton County students and parents are encouraged to attend.
Summer Reading Program sign up starts Monday, May 21! This year’s theme is “Libraries Rock!” and we’re exploring music, sound, geology, and reading all summer long!
The SRP is free for all ages. Take a look at what we have in store for you this summer!
Join us for musical storytimes on Tuesday, May 22 starting at 10:30am
Registration is still open for May’s Pinterest Night! Visit our website and sign up today.
The 2018 SRP sign up starts on May 21!
How the Summer Reading Program works:
- Set your reading goal, by number of books or hours read
- Goals may be reset once if they are met before SRP ends
- Log your progress on Fridays & get a prize
- Get a book for meeting your halfway & final goals
- Halfway date is 07.04, log your halfway goal at the library on 07.05
- Receive one additional book if you reset & meet your new goal
- Enter your name in the grand prize drawing when you reach your halfway & final goals
- Additional entry in the grand prize drawing when you read books about music, geology, and libraries!
- Receive a drawing entry for every library program you attend
- Get a prize when you turn in June’s & July’s reading progress calendars
- Winners will be announced August 4 during the Street Festival
May Pinterest Night is Thursday, the 31st.
We are making wood slice string art!
Register at https://goo.gl/3wwfSe
Pinterest Night is the last Thursday of the month at 6pm.
Free, donations welcome
We have an exciting new weekly program starting March 5: Maker Mondays!
All ages are invited to stop by the library on Mondays between 2 and 6 to learn, imagine and create!
We provide the supplies and how-to materials, and you bring the creativity.
Free, donations welcome
We are so very thankful to Otterbein UMC Otterbein Indiana for allowing us to use their space to bring Sheltered Reality back to the community on May 17! Thank you to Steve and the drummers, and to the amazing Benton County community who attended!
Join our online book club today! Go to facebook.com/groups/OPLBookClub and click the “join” button to participate in monthly book discussions. Our first book is Waves of Mercy, by Lynn Austin. Stop by the library to request your copy today, and join the discussion thread on June 1st.
Mark your calendars for our annual Fancy Nancy Tea Party! Saturday, May 12 @ 12pm. Free (donations welcome) for all Fancy Nancies & Dapper Dans ages 10 and under (and their grownup). Dress in your fanciest attire (that’s a fancy word for clothes!) for tea & cookies, story, crafts, etiquette, …